Are you having an outdoor wedding? Don’t forget to take care of your guests comfort on your big day. Mozzies, midgies, and flies can take the fun out of even the bet ceremony. Leaving bottles of bug spray out can help your guests relax ad enjoy your day. You might even want to make your own. Using essential oils might help your guests keep the little annoying bugs away without the overpowering smell.
Essential Oil Bug Spray Recipe
Homemade Bug Spray Ingredients
- Essential oils: choose from Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, Lavender, Mint
- Natural Witch Hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water
- Vegetable glycerin (optional)
Homemade Bug Spray Instructions
- Fill spray bottle with half a cup of distilled or boiled water
- Add approximately a quater of a cup of witch hazel
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin if using
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be. My personal favorite mix is: Rosemary, Clove, Lavender, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus… it works great and smells good too!