Want to get some inspiration and have a go at writing your own vows?
Try this…..Compile answers to these questions. This might be enough to inspire you, but, if you need a little more guidance, take the 3-5 most emotionally stirring answers and use them to structure your vows. Take one idea that really resonates with you, like Dreams for example – and use it at the beginning and at the end. Here is an example:
Before we met, I had the usual dreams for the future. But since I have met you, my dreams are much bigger. All the things in life that felt unreachable before now seem possible when I am with you. I knew you were special the first time I met you. You make me want to be a better person in every way. I promise that I will always remember and honor the way I feel about you now, all the days of my life. [Name], I promise you my unending love, unwavering loyalty and to always dream with you.
Here are the questions
- How did you meet? What do you remember about the first time you met? Little did you know then, that ___?
- When did you realize you were romantically interested in them if it wasn’t at your first meeting?
- When did you know you loved them?
- What are three qualities you like best about your fiancé?
- What do you see in them that no one else sees as clearly as you do?
- Why do you love them?
- What are three hopes you have for the future, big or small?
- What good things do they bring out in you?
- How are you better as a couple than as individuals?
- How does their love make you feel in general?
- How do they make you feel about yourself?
- What hopes do they bring out in you?
- Before meeting, what did you expect of marriage?
- What do you promise to them?
- What kind of vow would you love to hear from your fiancé? Write out what you would love to hear promised, specifically to you. Is that vow, what you would like to say to them?